Woman killed by train was local high school teacher | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A local high school teacher was hit and killed by a train while taking a photograph Saturday afternoon.
According to the Sacramento Police Department, Kathy Carlisle, 52, was taking a photograph of an approaching train when she was hit in the back by a train traveling in the opposite direction.
Carlisle was a teacher at St. Francis High School, where she taught photography and media arts.
The school released a statement calling her death a tragic loss.
""Kathy energetically shared her knowledge, talent and love for fine and visual arts to her students and was a bright spirit in the St. Francis community. She was a passionate artist, dedicated teacher, and the recipient of several awards for her work."
Carlisle was pronounced dead at the scene.
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects