Liquid Gold -- UCD's Olive Oil Center | Food and Drink
Davis -- Stephen Lasko, student intern at UCD's Olive Center, eagerly tastes a sample of the exquisite olive oil produced by the university's unique program to perfect California's pure and authentic olive oil. Unknown to many people, Lasko says most commercial olive oil is grossly mixed with inferior oils -- even so extremely impure that the olive oil scent is faked. One goal at UCD, he points out, is to produce healthy olive oil that's affordable and readily available. And to top off this goal, Lasko says TV's Dr. Oz always promotes the numerous health benefits of olive oil and UCD's Olive Center strives to make theirs the very best. "Just try UCD's olive oil," Lasko urges with a smile. I did. It's fantastic! Get the scoop at www.olivecenter.ucdavis.edu and try the best California olive oil.
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects