Suspect 'drops in' on deputies | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - It's hard to say who was more surprised during a search for a suspect Thursday morning: The wanted man who fell through a ceiling or the sheriff's deputies in the room below.
James Baker, 26, was sought by Sacramento County sheriff's deputies for outstanding felony warrants. When deputies went to Baker's location, a home on the 3600 block of A Street Thursday morning, they determined Baker was in the attic.
Deputy Jason Ramos said when Baker stay concealed, a K-9 officer was sent into the attic. Apparently as Baker tried to crawl away from the dog, he fell through the ceiling into a bedroom where deputies awaited him. The deputies were not hurt nor was the K-9.
Ramos said after Baker was arrested and received medical treatment for cuts and bruises in the fall, he was transported and booked into Sacramento County Jail on the arrest warrants, resisting arrest and probation violation. Baker is not eligible for bail.
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects