Family not surprised when wife charged with husband's murder | Crime
SACRAMENTO, CA - The wife of a Sacramento man thought to be killed in a carjacking appeared in court Monday on murder charges.
Shajia Ayobi is accused of killing her husband Ghulam Ayobi, Sacramento Police Sgt. Andrew Pettit said.
Ayobi originally told police that she and her husband were carjacked on Dec. 19 and forced to drive on Interstate 80, Pettit said. Ayobi said when they pulled onto a ramp, the carjackers killed her husband and fled the scene.
"The story never made sense," Ghulam's niece Ferishta Kulaly said. "We are shocked but we always felt she had something to do with it."
"He was killed execution style," Kulaly said. "He was shot in the head."
Shajia Ayobi is scheduled to be back in court next month.
By Melinda Meza, firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village