The Incident | Community
I walk frequently in East Lawn Memorial Park, where wide paths wind through gracious landscaping and you can get to a good aerobic clip, turn on the iPod and tune out the world. But I never walk these serene environs without recollecting the Incident. It happened over twenty years ago when I pushed my niece and nephew (Mary four and a half, Johnny two and a half) in the double stroller into the park.
At the time the need to be a good role model had taken firm hold in the zeitgeist and I wanted to give the kids a memorable tour, filled with gentle dollops of Mr. Rogers type wisdom. Plus I wanted them to stop giggling at my spiky new haircut, which was pert with product. We paused on the main path, and I had begun some mild oration about chirping birds when Johnny pointed at something behind me and Mary said, “Here comes Mr. Bee.”
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects