East Sacramentan Reflects on Sandy Hook | Community
The evening of the day it happened we went to Selland’s for takeout. It was filled with families and a heady Christmas vibe. A boy, his hands behind his back, bent over a desserts display, nodding at the ones he liked, making a face at the ones he didn’t. He was beautiful. I watched him tilt his head with its mop of shining dark curls and poke his tongue into his cheek as he contemplated the feast of sweets. I became aware of the woman watching me. She stood behind the boy, her wallet in her hand. When our eyes met hers filled instantly. I glanced away for a second and when I glanced back we exchanged that nod of helpless knowing. She put her arms around her beautiful child.
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village