2013 Greenprint Summit | Community
Join the Sacramento Tree Foundation for a special day of learning, networking, and collaboration on designing, building, and maintaining healthy communities in the Sacramento region. This year’s Greenprint Summit will focus on demonstrating the connection between public health and the urban forest. The Summit provides a forum for sharing current research findings, learning about current regional projects, and exploring new innovative partnerships.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Lawrence Frank, President of Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle
- Dr. Desirée Backman, Chief Prevention Officer Institute for Population Health Improvement, UC Davis Health System and California Department of Health Care Services
- Dr. Sam Soret, Chair of the Department of Environmental Health and Geoinformatics Sciences, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University
- Dr. Kathy Wolf, Research Social Scientist with the College of the Environment, University of Washington
- Teri Duarte, MPH, Executive Director of WALKSacramento
- Shannon Ramsay, Founding President & CEO, Trees Forever, Iowa
- Robyn Krock, Project Manager, Sacramento Region Food System Collaborative, Valley Vision
- Jared Ulmer, Project Manager & Data Analyst, Urban Design 4 Health, Seattle/Vermon
The Greenprint Summit will qualify for continuing education credits from the American Institute of Certified Planners and the International Society of Arboriculture.
Register and pay before December 31, 2012 to take advantage of the $35 early bird fee (continental breakfast and lunch included). The fee will be $45 for registrations after December 31 or at the door.