Sutter's Fort "Hands on History" Event this Saturday! | Arts & Culture
As part of a special and continuing interactive program, Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park will present a special “Hands on History: Trappers, Trades, and Treaties” event this Saturday, January 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Visitors to the Fort will step back in time to the 1840s to learn why trappers were considered “jacks of many trades” and experience how they lived, worked, explored new territory and traded with local Native Americans. Fort visitors will enjoy watching docent-led musket demonstrations and learn about many fascinating aspects in the life of a trapper. Fort visitors will also have the hands-on opportunity to examine fur pelts, create documents with a quill pen and oak gall ink, and string trade beads.
For more information about this “Hands on History” event, or other events and activities at Sutter’s Fort, call 916-445-4422 or visit www.suttersfort.org
Upcoming Events near East Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village
- Updates—41st and I Street Construction Projects